Checklist - To keep in mind for the spring semester 2023
We have put together a checklist for you, which we hope will be helpful to remember everything that needs to be arranged for the spring semester of 2023.
- From 22 December: Swedish students and current international students may register for their courses: current students, welcome back! New international students may also register for their courses from 22 December; please read more about activation of your student account and registration as a new student without a Swedish personal identity number.
- 1-22 January: Apply for the Basic Swedish course if you are interested in learning Swedish (flexible part time courses).
- 16 January: the spring semester starts.
Other good things to keep in mind
- Housing, financing, and health: When you apply to Uppsala University it is important that you start thinking about the practical details of your time as an international student, for instance about housing, financing and healthcare.
- Insurance: It is important that you have full insurance coverage during your stay in Sweden. All students at the university are covered by accident insurance while on the university premises and on their way to and from the university. You should consider adding private insurance coverage for your free time and for your property. Read more about insurance.
- Book your trip to Visby: You can travel to Gotland either by ferry or by air, and there are many departures every day. Read about travelling to and from Gotland.
- Look for course litterature. Each course has its own course syllabus and a litterature list. Search for your course syllabus. Can't you find the literature list, please contact Student Services at Campus Gotland. There are several ways to get the course literature. You can purchase literature through different websites, for instance Amazon UK. You can also compare the price of new books in the biggest online swedish bookshops by using the service bokfynd.nu. The site is in Swedish only but is very useful. You can also borrow literature from our library (Almedalsbiblioteket) or buy used literature from the the students' own buy/sell/exchange group on Facebook.
- Review your schedule. You can search for your schedule in TimeEdit by entering the course in the search field in TimeEdit. Once you have been registered to your courses/programme, you will find your schedule in Studium.
- Get the Campus card. Once you have been registered as a student, you need an access card, the so-called Campus Card. You must have it if you are going to use the printers (for copying and printing), the computer room or if you want to enter the Campus outside of business hours. Read about the Campus card.
- Get access to the university wifi. Once you have become a student, you get access to the wireless network called eduroam. You can also reach eduroam at other universities, railway stations, airports, etc. Read more about eduroam.
- Like or follow Campus Gotland på Facebook. Communicate with us and get news on Facebook. We're also on Instagram. There is also a Facebook group for international students at Campus Gotland.
- Our pages for current students - at www.cg.uu.se/students you will find useful information concerning your studies, such as support and services.
Student at Campus Gotland - spring 2023
To the start page 'Students at Campus Gotland - spring 2023', with more useful information for your studies at Uppsala University - Campus Gotland this coming spring.
Last modified: 2023-01-11