Checklist - To keep in mind for the autumn semester 2022
We have put together a checklist for you, which we hope will be helpful to remember everything that needs to be arranged for the autumn semester of 2022.
- From 29 July: Swedish students and current international students may register for their courses: current students, welcome back!
- Beginning of August: Apply for one of the Basic Swedish courses if you are interested in learning Swedish (flexible part time courses).
- 22-25 August: Online information sessions for new international students.
- 24-25 August: Recommended arrival days for new international students.
- 26 August: Orientation Days for new international students
- 27 August: Lecture on Gotland history with Mikael Norrby. CANCELLED due to illness.
- 27-28 August: Guided tours in the Medieval Visby
- 29 August: The autumn semester starts
- 29 August: Welcome reception for all new students at Campus Gotland
- 31 August: Welcoming activities organised by the Gotland Student Union Rindi
- 2 September: Guided trips with the tourist train for new students
- 17-18 September: Discover Gotland guided bus tour
- 21 September: Studentexpo for our students
Other things to keep in mind
- Housing, financing, and health: When you apply to Uppsala University it is important that you start thinking about the practical details of your time as an international student, for instance about housing, financing and healthcare.
- Insurance: It is important that you have full insurance coverage during your stay in Sweden. All students at the university are covered by accident insurance while on the university premises and on their way to and from the university. You should consider adding private insurance coverage for your free time and for your property. Read more about insurance.
- Book your trip to Visby: You can travel to Gotland either by ferry or by air, and there are many departures every day. Read about travelling to and from Gotland.
- Support for disabilities: If you have a long-term disability that affects your studies, you can get support during your time at Uppsala University. Read more on support for disabilities.
- Look for course litterature. Each course has its own course syllabus and a litterature list. Search for your course syllabus. Can't you find the literature list, please contact Student Services at Campus Gotland. There are several ways to get the course literature. You can purchase literature through different websites, for instance Amazon UK. You can also compare the price of new books in the biggest online swedish bookshops by using the service bokfynd.nu. The site is in Swedish only but is very useful. You can also borrow literature from our library (Almedalsbiblioteket) or buy used literature from the the students' own buy/sell/exchange group on Facebook.
- Review your schedule. You can search for your schedule in TimeEdit by entering the course in the search field in TimeEdit. Once you have been registered to your courses/programme, you will find your schedule in Studium.
- Get the Campus card. Once you have been registered as a student, you need an access card, the so-called Campus Card. You must have it if you are going to use the printers (for copying and printing), the computer room or if you want to enter the Campus outside of business hours. Read about the Campus card.
- Get access to the university wifi. Once you have become a student, you get access to the wireless network called eduroam. You can also reach eduroam at other universities, railway stations, airports, etc. Read more about eduroam.
- Like or follow Campus Gotland på Facebook. Communicate with us and get news on Facebook. We're also on Instagram. There is also a Facebook group for international students at Campus Gotland.
- Our pages for current students - at www.cg.uu.se/students you will find useful information concerning your studies, such as support and services.
Welcome book from Campus Gotland
In the Welcome book 2022/2023, we present the most essential information you will need for your study period at Campus Gotland. Download the English version of the book (31 page pdf).
When you arrive in Visby you will receive a printed booklet.
New student at Campus Gotland
More information to you who will begin your studies at Uppsala University - Campus Gotland this autumn.