Fire safety at Campus Gotland
The situation and your capacity determine what order you should carry out the steps below.
In the event of a fire according to SAVE-WARN-ALERT-EXTINGUISH-EVACUATE
SAVE: - people who are in danger
WARN: others who are in danger
- Start the evacuation/fire alarm
ALERT - Call 112 and warn other people
- Say who you are and where you are calling from
- Tell them what has happened and where
EXTINGUISH: extinguish the fire! If you cannot extinguish it, you can limit the fire and spread of smoke by closing doors and windows. Do not subject yourself to unnecessary risks. Extinguishing equipment is available on every floor.
EVACUATE - through the closest exit (or emergency exit if necessary). Evacuate through the nearest stairwell, if they are blocked use the nearest emergency exit.
- use the stairs – never the lift!
- go to the respective reassembly point (see below)
Evacuation plans are on every floor on the university’s premises. Staff and students should be well familiar with these.
Especially keep in mind
- that disabled individuals may need extra help in an evacuation
- to not use the lifts
- Only use emergency exits if the normal evacuation route is blocked
- Staff (teachers) are responsible for beginning the evacuation! Through his or her authority, a teacher or staff member has a leading role in the event of a fire alarm.
Alarm types and emergency assembly points
|Buildings||Alarm type||Assembly point|
|A and B buildings||Ringing bells||Cramérgatan|
|C building||Ringing bells||Kallbadhuset parking area|
|D building||Ringing bells||Kallbadhuset parking area|
|E building||Spoken alarm||Almedalen|
|F building||Short, intermittent signals||Harbour in front of the building|
|G building||Ringing bells||Steps/wall opposite the building|
Important telephone numbers
- SOS alarm: 112
- Uppsala University’s alarm number: +4618 - 471 25 00 (around the clock)
- Emergency ward, Visby General Hospital: +46498 - 26 81 50
Fire safety at Uppsala University
Fire safety at Uppsala University is intended to protect people, property and the environment. Protection and safety for people shall always be prioritised.
Information on buildings on Campus
Campus Gotland currently has premises that consist of a rented premises area of approximately 14,000 square metres. Campus consists of five large buildings all of which are gathered at Visby Harbour.