Adviser to the Vice-Chancellor for Campus Gotland
The various Advisers to the Vice-Chancellor of Uppsala University have a strategic role conferred on them by the Vice-Chancellor as well as an operative and coordinating role conferred by heads of departments or other administrators at Uppsala University. The task of the Adviser to the Vice-Chancellor for Campus Gotland is to develop, coordinate, make visible and promote the activities of Campus Gotland.
Planning Council for Campus Gotland
The Planning Council is an advisory and supportive body for the Disciplinary Domains and Faculties in all matters relating to operational planning. The job of the Planning Council is to make proposals and give opinions to the Disciplinary Domain/Faculty boards prior to the University Board deciding how to allocate resources.
The Planning Council comprises the following members (2018-01-01 - 2020-12-31):
- Olle Jansson, Adviser to the Vice-Chancellor (Chair)
- Annika Waern, Pro-Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences
- Erik Lindberg, Dean of the Faculty of Arts
- Tora Holmberg, Vice-Rector of the Disciplinary Domain of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Cecilia Johansson, Pro-Dean of the Faculty of Science and Technology
- Marcus Lindahl, Professor in Industrial Engineering
- Eva Lindberg, Pro-Dean Faculty of Medicine
- Tor Broström, Professor in Conservation
- Maria Fredriksson, Senior lecturer in Quality Sciences
- Magnus Johansson, Head of Department of Game Design
- Susanne Thedéen, Director at Gotland Museum
- Peter Lindvall, Regional Director for Region Gotland
In addition to the above, the Planning Council has three student representatives as well as representatives of the University's staff organisations (with the right to attend and speak at meetings).
Administrative support at Campus Gotland
Administrative support at Campus Gotland is tended by several divisions of the University adminstration, for example by the Division of common service and administration – a department which in turn consists of two units: the Unit of Services - Uppsala; and the Unit of Services - Campus Gotland.
The Unit of Services - Campus Gotland is tasked with responsibility for campus management issues, as well as archives and registry at Campus Gotland; undertaking university-wide tasks in study administration, admissions, degrees, Ladok, study counselling, internationalisation and student health; providing support to the advisers to the vice-chancellor; handling safety issues and initiating, coordinating and implementing work environment measures at Campus Gotland. Tord Berglund-Fred is head of the unit.
There is also a support function directly under the head of the division (see below), which provides administrative support for the advisers to the vice-chancellor, the departments with operations on Campus Gotland and for the Division of Common Service and Administration, and takes on tasks regarding university-wide information about issues pertaining to finances, staff, communication and reports.
Malin Dahlén is head of Division of Common Service and Administration.
Exploit the potential of Campus Gotland
Campus Gotland is one of six development goals in renewing education and research at the University.